Sunday, December 18, 2011

Why I Don't Like Cats

I don't like cats. I get along with them just fine, but I don't like them. I find them to be useless creatures. A dog will help defend your home from intruders, if not by attacking them directly, then at least by barking and waking everyone up. Cats? Well, they'll hiss and runaway. From what I read in history, except for a brief stint being worshiped by the Egyptians or something, they were mostly used for rodent control, and they did a piss poor job of that when the black plague hit.

We don't need them for that as much any longer, except maybe on farms.

But other than that, they're useless animals who can easily be replaced by a mouse-trap and a plush-toy.

2 comments:

talnik said...

Actually the Black Death was largely the result of actions of Ailurophobes (cataphobes):
http://jennifercopley.suite101.com/cats-and-the-black-plague-a58146

Harvey said...

Granted, they're non-functional, but they're low-maintenance. Food, water, and a litter box, and you can go on vacation for a week.

They do however, have a certain entertainment value. Think of them as 3D iPhone apps.